Scrivener 1.03 now available!

Lord Lightning

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:21 am Post

The upgrade was as smooth as ....

I feel so smug everytime I use Scrivener. It can't be good for my character. It's just all too easy. No struggle, no problems, no setbacks. My publishers are happy, I'm happy. The world is full of sunshine again.

I'm all warm and gooey again. I just want to play. I'm supposed to be a struggling writer - I've even got a garret.

Scrivener 1.02 is just brilliant. The upgrade was so simple.

Thanks Keith.

You've done it again!
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.

mi
michpen

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 am Post

CMD-L notes are like, awesome. Thanks.

Siren
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:03 am Post

Wow! Fantastic! Thank you!

I particularly like:
~ indication of synopsis/text/blank for icons in the binder
~ project, session and document word count targets
~ “Navigate Toâ€

zu
zuzu

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:51 am Post

Just to add my gratitude for this update.

As a veteran software developer I am in awe of your professionalism, your customer focus and the quality of your work.

The big boys could indeed learn from you.

Just one teeny suggestion, could you rename your download disk images to include the version number e.g. Scrivener_102.dmg, that way those of us who save the disk images can keep multiple versions around.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

ma
martin68

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:00 pm Post

That's a lot of fixes for a patch release and yet there's fixes that didn't make the list! I immediately noticed that using Spotlight from outside scrivener now finds matches inside my .scriv files. Great work; thank you :)

/Martin

alexwein
Platform: Mac

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:10 pm Post

Geez! I new it would be good, but... I was going to make a "My Yay List," but there are just too many things to mention! The auto-save options are very much appreciated on my older G4 iBook! Should speed things up nicely. Thanks!!! For that and all the rest. Love the project notes. And the Scr. links improvements (a huge time saver for me!). And all those other things that are too many to mention!

Alexandria
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

al
alfrehn

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:47 pm Post

Word count targets. With visuals. Directly in the window. I could weep now just out of sheer joy. I am utterly in awe.

I just have one wish: Start coding a mail client. Or put one into Scriv. I'm only partially kidding. I'd love for a usability genius to work on a mail client. And I'd love never having to move out of Scriv.

I've never found software before which actually approaches perfection. Oh, and I don't think my heart can handle a .1 upgrade. What will that bring, telepathic transcription (I'd like that actuallly -- as would my editor)?

ptram
Platform: Mac

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:34 pm Post

And I was sure there was no space for further improvement! Surprising how you could do it!

Cheers, Paolo

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:54 am Post

Dear Keith,

Looks like full stable of enhancements—and each one a gift.

I really do especially appreciate the work it must have been to take on the per-project settings enhancement, and your choosing to tackle it in the near term nonetheless.

Off to enjoy the new niceties! Have a great holiday.

Best,
Greg

ba
bashosfrog

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:42 am Post

gr wrote:I really do especially appreciate the work it must have been to take on the per-project settings enhancement, and your choosing to tackle it in the near term nonetheless.

I see that per-project settings also work per-template. Perfect! Exactly what I was after. Everything else is icing on an already superb cake. You couldn't be persuaded to give up ambitions of authorship and just code for your adoring fans instead?

Matt

Amaru

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:00 am Post

Keith, thank you very much for keep refining an app that is already great. I really like your concept of refining --which creates a better app—without adding unnecessary features --which creates bloatware.

Thank you very much!

mi
michaelbywater

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am Post

Right. Enough of this love-feast, you pack of skipping Fotherington-Thomases. Let's have some AGGRO.

I preferred the old View>Navigate To.. shortcuts.

In fact the new ones simply wipe out any advances made elsewhere and in fact in fact I am abandoning Scrivener altogether and going back to Word. Word 6.0, actually. On my PowerBook 3200. In the dark. And I am only going to write mergers-and-acquisitions press releases for Fortune 500 companies now.

So THERE.

:shock: [/b]

mp
mpatrickmd

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:26 pm Post

Honestly, I am simply amazed by the NUMEROUS fixes and add-on in Scivener 1.02!

Keith, You ROCK!

Dr Mike
pediacast.org

Amaru

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:07 pm Post

Lord Lightning, I see that your avatar is a fountain pen. Which one(s) do you use? How do you combine your longhand writing with Scrivener?

Lord Lightning

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:19 pm Post

It's an old Watermans a film crew gave me. I scan my writing into a pdf. Get the Mac to read it out loud it into IBM Via Voice. That gives me digital text I can work with in Scrivener. It's hell going the other way though.

If you believe that, I've got some great property going cheap in a little country called Greenland. Ha Ha. Trust me. I'm a writer. I lie for a living.

No, I just liked the avatar. I had another one lined up and just haven't got around to using it. I will have to put it onto a web site somewhere so it can be called as a URL. It will do for now.
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.