Welcome aboard, Jennifer!

mi
michaelbywater

Mon May 09, 2011 12:40 pm Post

Yes indeed. Apart from the comma.

This one:

Just saying, innit. Or maybe I've got the wrong end of the doings. Wossname. Stick.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon May 09, 2011 12:47 pm Post

michaelbywater: "Yes indeed. Apart from the comma."

SHOCKED

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Mon May 09, 2011 3:57 pm Post

[quote="Schweinkotflügel"]SHOCKED[/quote] Don't be, Herr Schweinkotflügel. Filthy innuendoes are Mr Bywater's forté. Rumour has it, he was a lovely man, before he became involved with Scrivener and its crew. As the man said, "So it goes".
Take care Herr Schweinkotflügel.
Fluff

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon May 09, 2011 4:03 pm Post

michaelbywater wrote:Yes indeed. Apart from the comma.

This one:

Just saying, innit. Or maybe I've got the wrong end of the doings. Wossname. Stick.

It was an imperative, were'n' it?
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

mi
michaelbywater

Mon May 09, 2011 4:10 pm Post

[quote="KB"]

It was an imperative, were'n' it?[/quote]

No. You can't fool us by revising the Subject: line.

And how come everyone else's quotes are b*gg*ered but yours aren't, Kevin?

EDIT: P.S. @fluff: now come on. It's not PRECISELY 'pedantry', is it? Can we try to use the word accurately here?

I appear to be in an odd mood. Perhaps I'll go to see the, the, what's the woman who tells you to calm down and gives you an injection? Her.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon May 09, 2011 5:19 pm Post

michaelbywater wrote:And how come everyone else's quotes are b*gg*ered but yours aren't, Kevin?

Just because. We can't have the riffraff accessing all and sundry and getting above themselves, now, can we? (Enough commas for ya?)

Actually the quotes have been b***ered on the Announcements section for ages, and I've no idea why - you can turn them on manually in the "Options" area when you post, but I don't know why the option isn't turned on automatically for non-admin users.

EDIT: P.S. @fluff: now come on. It's not PRECISELY 'pedantry', is it? Can we try to use the word accurately here?

I take credit for that - a temporary thread title change especially for you. And according to my Collins Dictionary it seems fairly precise*:

...concerned chiefly with insignificant detail.

So there.

I appear to be in an odd mood.

What's that stuff that Sherlock never has?

Best,
Keith

* "fairly precise" - that's especially for you too.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Mon May 09, 2011 5:59 pm Post

Mr Bywater wrote:
"And how come everyone else's quotes are b*gg*ered but yours aren't, Kevin?"
The answer to your question, Mr B. is, to quote his Lordship Vic-k, "Because the moderators are too friggin lazy or incompetent, to do anything about it!"

Mr B. then wrote: "It's not PRECISELY 'pedantry', is it?" Probably not Mr B....probably not.
He then asked: "Can we try to use the word accurately here?" We'll see what we can do, MR B.

As Mr Winner would say, Mr B. "Calm down dear!"
Take care
Fluff