Scrivener 1.01 now available

ka
katzenjammer

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm Post

Keith,

That little scratchy pad is so useful & nifty that I don't mind it following me around everywhere (insert slightly paranoid emoticon) errr.. no matter what app I'm working in. Seriously, what a brilliant idea! There's something so wonderful about this program it's almost viral - it's always on and everywhere. thanks again & cheers!

jo
jonmarsh

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:56 am Post

I may not be typical of the crowd here, as I'm primarily a techincal writer for conference papers and application notes, but I was sold on Scrivener after just a bit of playing with the demo, and have to say it's a most impressive 1.0 software release- really well thought out by someone who actually "eats his own food" as some would say.

I'm using it for some outside work- a magazine article based on a audio project- and just starting the planning and outlining for some "day job" stuff- I think it will have a quite positive impact on how I collect information and organize my first drafts.

Two thumbs way up!

Oh, and I guess I'm what you call one of those "switchers", as I've only been on the Mac platform since August 2005 (was it that long ago? but that's from someone who's been using PC's for writing and other tasks since 1983). It's remarkable the amount of good software available from individuals like yourself.

Best wishes with Scrivener, and glad to hear about the Leopord development effort, as I plan to upgrade all my Macs soon after it's out.

~Jon

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:03 pm Post

Thanks. :)

jc
jcscrib

Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:23 am Post

I have been using the beta version of 1.01 since it first came out, and I have yet to notice a bug. What can I say? It is simply perfect. Adding Typinator gives it an auto correct, so I no longer need to use Word or anything else. Way to go.

jcamp

KB
Site Admin

Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:35 am Post

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words! Do you mean the 1.12 beta, though? 1.01 is quite old - the current official version is 1.11 and the latest official beta was 1.12. I just wanted to make sure you weren't using an old version!

Thanks again and all the best,
Keith

An
AndreasvanHaren

Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:46 am Post

Keith,
any idea when 1.12 will come out? I'm always curious to see a new version with new features. Great work on Scrivener btw, I believe it's really the best program for writers!

best wishes,
André, Sweden

KB
Site Admin

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:12 am Post

1.12 is likely to be renamed 1.5 - such is the extent of the refinements - but don't expect it before September at the earliest. There's still a lot of work to do. Do take a look at the About page, though, as I urge users not to expect new features as that isn't my main aim. My main aim is to make Scrivener as stable and as good as it can be within a specific feature set, so that I can get on with using it myself, too. This next update does have a few new features, but in the main it is about refining what is already there and making everything a lot more intuitive and graceful, fixing and changing the things that I am not 100% happy with. But certainly, as Scrivener becomes more mature, don't expect frequent updates that pile on features for the sake of it - future updates will hopefully concentrate on bug-fixes and stability.

Best,
Keith