Scrivener 1.01 now available

Ma
Martin

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:27 pm Post

Just to add to the previous comments... The tint icon feature is extremely useful, as is the new scratchpad.

I absolutely love this application. You deserve to do well with it.

Ma
Maria

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:41 pm Post

Tint Icons with Label colour -- so helpful but not noisy, easy to access and turn on, turn off. Thanks!

OK, this is Maria speaking, thus: I am looking forward for such an elegant implementation of an overview about status in the Binder....

No, the basically different way of working and the basically elegant design is what makes my work different now. Any improvements are welcome, but not urgent, at least to me.

Best,
Maria

Lord Lightning

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:15 am Post

Ah! Keith,

How good can it get?

101 is astonishingly good.

I am going to my favourite bookcafe later for some literature and latte - looking for a book of superlatives - to describe Scrivener.

:lol:
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.

Yb

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:26 am Post

Just to thank you fixing a bug that I didn't see on your list, but I may have overlooked it. I'm writing 120 commentaries to an equal amount of quotes and have been using a table with three columns. Until the update it was such a hassle to edit the texts in the different cells, because I couldn't put my pointer just anywhere in the text and had to use shift tab and the arrow keys to move to the right place in the text. Now that is fixed and I am very pleased, because it makes work much easier. The not being able to properly edit text in tables was about the only thing I didn't like about this fantastic programme, although it would be good if the undo option would also include undoing of style (this is also text in tables).

Yb

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:48 am Post

Hi Yb, I don't think I actually knew about this bug let alone know I'd fixed it! :) It may have been a side effect of another bug that got fixed, I'm not sure. As for the undoing of styles, unfortunately I have no control over this - styles are built into the OS X text system (identical to TextEdit).
Best,
Keith

ti
tim

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:05 pm Post

Hi Kieth,

FYI-1: I noticed that 101 is not yet in VersionTracker.

FYI-2: Having now used 101 for a day, I find doc tinting in the Binder to be a fabulous addition. Not only does it make my structure more transparent, but I can now distinguish research docs (in my case illustrative stories) that I've already incorporated into my chapters from those I still have available. Very useful. I didn't think Scriv could get better, but it did! Thanks again.

Tim
In theory, there's no difference
between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Yogi Berra

ma
mazsinmex

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:15 pm Post

No, it is not listed on that site, but MacUpdate has it listed, of course. You're better off using MacUpdate, anyway.

Scrivener 1.01: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22995

jd
jdrice

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:49 pm Post

Thanks for the update. There are some very nice little enhancements here. BTW, since the Notepad has become the Scratch Pad you may want to update the the Fonts & Colors preferences window to maintain consistency.

Cheers

Eiron

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:56 pm Post

A "Smart Playlist"-style export where export is based on key

Saw this on the Macupdate change list and thought -"hmmm that sounds interesting" and couldn't find it. Then found your retraction above. Might be an idea to change the list in case some one even more annoying than me starts demanding it.

E

KB
Site Admin

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:19 pm Post

The list is already changed in the Scrivener download readme and auto-update list.

KB
Site Admin

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:21 pm Post

BTW, since the Notepad has become the Scratch Pad you may want to update the the Fonts & Colors preferences window to maintain consistency.

Not sure what you mean...?

Eiron

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:44 pm Post

I'm really loving the Binder Icon coloring. I always made extensive use of them in Devonthink - but they're even better in Scrivener since you can have an unlimited number of labels/colours.

Thanks,

No ifs, ands or buts. :)

E

KB
Site Admin

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:20 pm Post

No ifs, ands or buts.

That smacking sound was my forehead hitting the floorboards.

hi
highlander

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:22 pm Post

KB wrote:That smacking sound was my forehead hitting the floorboards.

Careful, Keith, you don't want to end up like me. Grin. (See http://www.BrainInjuryChaplain.com)

By the way, I haven't seen how I use Scrivener listed anywhere yet. In part, I now write my homilies in Scrivener and love it.

Blessings,
Patrick

zu
zuzu

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:21 pm Post

An amazing quantity of stuff for a .0x release,most people would have called this 1.1. Are you sure you haven't switched career from writer to software author?

Will shell out my hard earned readies when reunited with my credit card

Perhaps you could try an inverse procrastination trick, decide Scrivener is your main activity and then while procrastinating from that you might do some more writing?

About to develop a short training course using Scrivener ...

All the best