Customer Support Closed for Christmas and New Year

ex
exegete77
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:48 pm Post

With apologies to Clement Moore,
===============================

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a Scrivener mouse.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that Loa, DJ, and Keith soon would be there.

The customers were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of Scrivener 3 danced in their heads.

And mama in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,

Had just settled our brains for a long Scrivener nap.

===============================

Merry Christmas!

KB
Site Admin

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:18 am Post

morryh wrote:PS: Is it true that only one person is working on Scrivener for the PC? He/she is a Superman/Superwoman.
M

Not quite. There are actually two people - Lee has a "helper" (actually a bit more than that!) who is an expert in Qt. But when it's complete, it will end up with just Lee and the other guy helping out on a part-time basis. The Mac version is just one person on the code side too though (me me me, heh) - but the Windows version has insane support demands at the moment of course.

Anyway!

Many thank you to you all for the Christmas cheer (and rhymes)! Happy Christmas to all of you. I've just finished my wrapping, we bought our brussel sprouts and other goodies (although I'm not sure brussel sprouts can be categorised as "goodies") this morning, so we're all go. Although I am popping by the forums once or twice a day, it certainly feels good to have some time off watching bad Christmas TV with the kids, visiting Santa (I let the kids come to that too) and so on.

Happy holidays,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

xiamenese

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:43 am Post

Keith it's time to go back to preparing that fake turkey or goose you've got for your Christmas dinner! ;) With your skill at procrastinating, I think you're logging on to these forums as a way of getting out of doing that! Hahahaha!

And why does everyone knock brussels sprouts? I love them, but haven't had any for years as they're not available here and I'm not there in winter time (Don't want sprouts in summer!)... Hey, I'm coming back for the Chinese New Year Holiday ... Sprouts! Yippee!

You hide your computer and go and watch that terrible TV and have fun with the kids ...

Mark

mb
mbbntu
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:22 am Post

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on the forum (and not). Always a very interesting collection of views, thoughts, areas of expertise and so forth. There are even people who like sprouts -- (actually, so do I, but I'm not sure I'd travel from China just to eat them ;-)).

Best wishes, Martin.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:44 pm Post

I would travel to china to avoid them.

If only I could get the local stores to adopt Keith's deffinition of "closed".

We're closed, but we will be here just as much as normal and will answer questions. We are addicted to our job.

kewms

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:55 pm Post

[quote="KB"]
Many thank you to you all for the Christmas cheer (and rhymes)! Happy Christmas to all of you. I've just finished my wrapping, we bought our brussel sprouts and other goodies (although I'm not sure brussel sprouts can be categorised as "goodies") this morning, so we're all go. Although I am popping by the forums once or twice a day, it certainly feels good to have some time off watching bad Christmas TV with the kids, visiting Santa (I let the kids come to that too) and so on.

Happy holidays,
Keith[/quote]

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but...

Go Away.

Seriously. We'll be fine without you for a few days. You've earned a real holiday, and the rest of Clan Blount has earned your undivided attention.

So get out of here, already.

Katherine

Hu
Hugh

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:33 am Post

[quote="kewms"][quote="KB"]

Happy holidays,
Keith[/quote]

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but...

Go Away.

Seriously. We'll be fine without you for a few days. You've earned a real holiday, and the rest of Clan Blount has earned your undivided attention.

So get out of here, already.

Katherine[/quote]

+1

Jaysen

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:18 pm Post

+1

We all know how much KB loves us voting on things here. Maybe we can drive him crazy enough that he will actually follow through with his threat to take a break!

gr

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:36 pm Post

[quote="kewms"]Go Away.

Seriously. We'll be fine without you for a few days. You've earned a real holiday, and the rest of Clan Blount has earned your undivided attention.[/quote]

In all likelihood the familial Blounts are trying to finish watching the Christmas specials without undue interruption -- and KB is in time out.

Besides, we're pretty sure the whole "family" are just further shards of his fractured personality.

If you take the time to piece these two facts together, you can get a pretty good idea of what we are dealing with here.

--Greg

KB
Site Admin

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:15 pm Post

You ain't seen me, right?
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

gr

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:30 pm Post

We did not have this conversation.

And I would sign something to that effect, if it will help with your case.

Jaysen

Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:06 pm Post

I have no head. Hence no eyes. Seeing is difficult.