Customer Support Closed for Christmas and New Year

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:09 pm Post

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that the Literature & Latte team are going to be taking a break over the Christmas holidays. As many of you know, there are only three of us on the Mac side that answer e-mails and do support, and only Lee on the Windows side, so we don't have a large team that can swap in and out over the Christmas period. Ioa is taking a break with his family, David is off to Malaysia for the New Year, and I'm spending time with my kids and giving my eyes a rest from the code for a couple of weeks (who knows, I may actually do some writing with Scrivener 2.0!). It's been a very busy year and all of us have spent many months working seven-day weeks with a lot of eighteen-hour days, so I hope our users will understand and support us in taking what we think is a well-earned rest over Christmas. (I usually love working on Scrivener and the challenge of tweaking features and tracking down bugs, but right now firing up Xcode each day fills me with dread simply because of the massive and exhausting push we did to get 2.0 out - I'm looking forward to kicking back and coming back to it fresh in the New Year with renewed enthusiasm.)

Thus, Literature & Latte's customer support will be (mostly) closed from Monday, 20th December right through to Monday, 3rd January 2011 (which is a Bank Holiday here in the UK).

This means that if you send us e-mails during this period, you will most likely receive an auto-reply telling you that we are on holiday and will reply as soon as we can in the New Year. Likewise, we won't be around on the forums as much as usual and some questions may go unanswered until the New Year.

I say "mostly" because you know us - we won't be able to resist popping by the forums occasionally, and really I'll probably be around for a few days next week regardless. Also, if you have anything really urgent or time-critical (by which I mean lost data or the inability to open the program for some reason even after searching the forums and looking on the wiki), you can place "[URGENT]" in the subject of any e-mails you send us and we will try to look at such e-mails over the holidays. We still can't promise to get back to you before the New Year, but we will try.

The web store will of course remain open, and we will answer all non-urgent e-mails sent to us over the Christmas period as soon as we possibly can in the New Year.

I know two weeks is a long time but hey, it's Christmas and we were open for the American Thanksgiving and usually answer e-mails at weekends and all year round. And you have to remember that I used to be a teacher, so I'm used to long holidays. :)

As soon as New Year arrives, I'll be aiming to get Scrivener 2.0.3 for the Mac out in mid-January and will also be working on submitting 2.0.3 to the Mac App Store.

So, merry Christmas and happy New Year one and all!

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:32 am Post

Merry Christmas and a happy long vacation! Get some rest and enjoy life! ;) You all more than deserve it.

Li
Linda

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:10 am Post

Mele Kalilimaka & Hauoli Makahiki Hou.

ge
geoffh

Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:53 am Post

Enjoy the Christmas and New Year break Keith, Ioa and David. You have given us all lots of gifts over the year so its definitely time to kick up your heels and have fun with friends and family.

Geoff

StaceyUK

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:28 pm Post

Enjoy your holiday and get plenty of rest!

ex
exegete77

Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:20 pm Post

Indeed, take time off. Enjoy life.

La
LaDeeDahl

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:49 am Post

A well deserved break. You folks have done a remarkable job and have always gone above and beyond.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Best wishes!
Andrea Dahl

johnz

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:39 am Post

Buon Natale e Buon Anno, Scrivener Gang!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Giovanni

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 pm Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_jpOomV ... re=related

Merry Christmas to the Scriv gang. Have a good one!! :-)
Vic

pa
paultho

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:23 am Post

Merry Christmas one and all at LnL. A great year and very happy with Scrivener. Enjoy your break. Cheers Paul

xiamenese

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:10 am Post

It's 11:00 a.m. here in the land of the Great Firewall, and Keith and David should be sound asleep ... what point Ioa is in temporally, I have no idea — though I suspect him of possibly having time-traveller abilities in addition to all his other amazing skills and knowledge — though I guess in Portland it must be evening on the 19th; and Lee is, I assume and hope, in the middle of a well-earned post-prandial nap down there in Oz ...

So I guess this isn't going to get read for a while, but you people have a really good break, Jaype too. What you have done in getting Scrivener 2 and all the associated videos, manuals, etc. out, and Lee and nameless friend in getting the Windows beta out, together with all the work on them over the last couple of months is phenomenal. To me, if anyone deserves a really good rest at this season, you do.

So go for it. We will support each other as necessary and as best we can.

:-)
Mark

br
brookter

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:52 am Post

I know that appending '+1' to a thread is normally sufficient grounds for virtual evisceration, but on this occasion...

+1.

David

(As always, immensely impressed by the sheer brilliance of what you have achieved. Have a good rest.)

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:56 pm Post

I applaud the sheer Keithiness of that holiday-break announcement. It is amazing how you were able to almost completely backpedal from the announced break before the announcement was even half over.

You deserve a holiday for that.

--Greg

mx
mxleop

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:41 pm Post

Indeed! Happy holidays. I think it was Ronald Mcdonald who said "you deserve a break today!"

mo
morryh

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:54 pm Post

Take a fortnight off. Take a month! Take 2 months!! Take even more!!! Scrivener has made my life so much better, so much more productive, so much more creative, that I will be grateful forever to all of you.
MorryH
PS: Is it true that only one person is working on Scrivener for the PC? He/she is a Superman/Superwoman.
M